Thursday, January 13, 2011

#7 Photo of Chile Powder Mixes



Originally uploaded by PackRatty McRatterson

I have been on love with old National Geographic magazines for as long as I can remember. I love the colors, I love the obvious sense of humor certain photographers had. For a while in high school, I acquired and read and cut up so many of them that I started to get familiar with the photographers. I started remembering (by sight) what issues had what pictures, etc. etc.

When I moved into my first apartment, I wanted to have a clear shower curtain with photos "floating" on it. I took several of my favorite pictures, sandwiched them in clear contact paper, and safety pinned them to a clear liner. I was so proud of that shower curtain. I loved it. I had so many photos, I had to make cuts, and this one got the axe because it wasn't as pretty as some of the others when the light shone through it. I still really love the photo, and I have kept it all these years because this one is an anomaly- I have never seen it again. I have no idea what issue it's in.

The chile mixtures in the upper right and the upper middle are called "Rock 'n' Roll" and "Sputnik Mixture" respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment