Wednesday, October 12, 2011

#18 Smashed foam Karuba cup


Untitled
Originally uploaded by PackRatty McRatterson



One night, while sitting in the window of the Blue Moon, I saw something white floating way way above the streetlights. I watched it for at least 10 minutes as it dipped and swirled, and moved slowly closer to me. At times, it would almost fall, then it would get sucked up again. It seemed to be taunting me. I was intrigued.

I got distracted for a few minutes, but when I looked for it again, it was still out there. It was behaving in the same way, but much closer than it had been. I became more and more convinced it was waiting for me.

When I mentioned it to my friends, everyone joked that it was a message from god. Maybe. I had to see it. I went outside with my coffee. Almost immediately, it fell at my feet, white side up. I was kind of scared to pick it up. When I did, I began to chuckle. I attempted to take a sip of coffee, and found my cup empty. I began to laugh. Hard. Finally, someone came outside and asked me what it said. The message was clear. "God wants us to have more coffee."

2 comments:

  1. FYI, I've been reading your blog for the last hour. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an intimate story about you. I remember walking to the library once and you picking up a rock. You explained to me that sometimes rocks just asked you to take them home. I remember feeling slightly envious that the rocks weren't talking to me... :)

    ReplyDelete